Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Japanese Themed Catering featuring Individual Cheesecakes with White Chocolate Ginger Drizzle

In addition to making custom cakes, I also love to cook! When a friend asked if I'd cater her Birthday Party, I agreed immediately. She requested sushi and other Japanese themed foods and decorations. Sushi is fairly labor-intensive, so I left that to the professional sushi chefs. I also saw it as a great way to decorate my bedroom, as I'd been wanted to do a modern-asian decor. The menu was as follows:
Sushi
Japanese Kabocha Squash Soup
Sesame Soy Edamame
Pork Gyoza
Chicken Yakitori Skewers
Individual Cheesecakes with White Chocolate Ginger Drizzle

The sushi was kept cool throughout the party by using a thoroughly cleaned IKEA magnetic board with ice packs underneath.
The Kabocha Soup was served "shooter style" and was garnished with chives and a single chive blossom flower.

 The Sesame Soy Edamame was lovely in an elevated serving dish.
The Pork Gyoza and Chicken Yakitori were kept warm in a heated 3-dish crockpot.

The Individual Cheesecakes were served with stabilized whipped cream and a white chocolate ginger ganache drizzled on top.
It was an amazing party, filled with lots of laughter and very full tummies!

No comments:

Post a Comment